Reliance Jio has recently announced its new service to compete with another DTH operator. The name of the service is Jio Fiber. Mr. Mukesh Abnani has launched the Jio Fiber services commercially for Indians on 5th September 2019, the 3rd anniversary of Jio’s launch in India.
This service is based on the technology called Fiber to the home (FTTH). It is a high-speed internet data service through which you will be able to watch internet TV, use WiFi, connect your mobile and much more. Reliance Jio will cover more than 1500 cities in different states of India. As stated by Mr. Mukesh Ambani, they want to be the leader in the industry and want to change the way people in India use the internet.
Jio Fiber Services Features
Here is the list of the Jio Fiber Services Features:
- High-speed internet data connectivity of up to 1 GBPS
- Separate WiFi ID for guest
- Norton mobile security subscription (up to 5 devices)
- Enjoy the best Jio WiFi Mesh experience in every corner of your house
- Make free high-quality voice calls to anyone
- Use your smartphone or landline for intercom calling within your society
- Choose to receive a call from a landline or your smartphone or even from your TV set
- Enjoy seamless video calling through your TV set
- Use your smartphone for video calling at any time
- Free international video calls directly from your TV
- Enjoy an integrated platform that brings together TV shows, movies, sports from popular apps like Hotstar, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.
- Use voice command on your Jio remote to control your TV
- Never miss a TV show again, pause, rewind and play as and when you want
- Enjoy 4K true HD experience first time in India
- Share all your content among family members like photos, video through home networking
- Connect your hard drive to Jio Gateway and share all your files
- Sync your photos on Jio HomeApp to watch and share it on the TV
- Stay connected to your society or neighborhood with CCTV camera
- Keep an eye on your home even when you are not at home, CCTV camera will give you live feed 24X7
- Jio Gaming, India’s own multi-player gaming platform with Jio Set-top box
- Zero-latency gaming experience
- Use your smartphone as a gaming control
Jio Fiber Plans
It has launched 6 different commercial plans to cater to the needs of different socio-economy of the country. The plan names are:
- Bronze Plan
- Silver Plan
- Gold Plan
- Diamond Plan
- Platinum plan
- Titanium Plan
Jio Fiber Registration & Plans Price 2020 with Reliance JioFiber Welcome Offer with JIO Cable TV Complete Details are given below:-
Jio fiber will be providing the high-speed internet service of 1 GBPS direct to your home. There will be a router just like we have for our regular WiFi connection. You can link up to 5 mobile devices and TV set to the Jio Fiber services. The Jio Fiber service is intended to provide a true 4K TV set-up box, free Bluetooth speaker, Free TVs and other devices with broadband wall-to-wall services.
“It will be for the first time in India that people will experience such a high internet speed,” Said Mr. Mukesh Ambani in the Annual General Meeting held on 5th September 2019.
Preview for the Jio Fiber service is already started. For experiencing the Jio Fiber service, you need to get the registration done along with the security deposit at the time of router installation. The security deposit is refundable to the customers.
|Bronze Plan||Rs 699/-||100 Mbps||100GB+50GB Extra|
|Silver Plan||RS 849/-||100 Mbps||200GB+200GB Extra|
|Gold Plan||RS 1,299/-||250 Mbps||500GB+250GB Extra|
|Diamond Plan||RS 2,499/-||500 Mbps||1250GB+250GB Extra|
|Platinum Plan||RS 3,999/-||1 Gbps||2500 GB|
|Titanium Plan||RS 8,499/-||1 Gbps||5000 GB|
At the time of registration, you need to pay ₹. 2500. Out of which ₹ 1500 as a security deposit (refundable) and ₹. 1000 as installation charges (non-refundable).
With the annual subscription, you will get Jio Home Gateway (worth ₹. 5000) + Set Top Box (Worth ₹. 6400) free. You will also get the OTT Apps on your TV. Check the below table for the comprehensive plan details.
Check here to know how Reliance Jio plans are better than Airtel’s Xstream plans.
You can upgrade to the higher plan at any time you wish. The below chart shows you the benefits of upgrading to the higher plan.
How to Register for Jio Fiber Service?
There is a simple process for getting Jio Fiber services at your home. Just follow the below steps and you can get the Jio Fiber services at your home.
For New User
- Go to the Official website of Jio Fiber here
- Click on the “Get Started” button below – “Want a new Jio Fiber Connection”
- Enter your address for Jio Fiber – where you want to install the Jio Fiber services
- Then you need to fill in your name, mobile number, email ID
- Select the plan from the drop-down list.
- You will then get the OTP on the mobile number you have given
- Confirm the OTP and submit the request
- Jio executive will visit your place for verifying the documents and speed available at your home
For Existing User
If you are an existing user of Jio, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Download the MyJio App
- Select the monthly, quarterly, yearly plan of your choice
- The Jio representative will contact you for up-gradation
Should I purchase Jio Fiber Services?
Well, why not? You are getting high-speed internet data with lots of features and facilities bundled in one set-top box. The price of the plans is really cheap if you compare it with your existing expenses for these services.